Attached are several photos of a recent repair that we did on one of our 18′ NRS self-bailers.
#1- This photo shows the rough aspect of the project at hand. Fortunately this 12″ rip just missed the bladder by an inch!
#2- Prep, clean, vacuum and toluene entire area
#3- We used 1″ seam tape as an inside patch which is always tricky to apply. Since there was a small right angle tear at the bottom we used black rubber for the initial patch.
#4- This photo shows a cover patch to even up the surfaces- ready now for the final work!
# 5- End result! A four patch layer that is totally bomber!
Have a great spring and happy boating! Yay for snow!!!!!!!